Search This Blog

Monday, August 29, 2011

Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms

Here is a really easy recipe that tastes delicious and looks way fancier than it is!

This is the perfect recipe to impress someone with your cooking skills. Lucky for me, I was planning on making this when I unexpectedly ran into someone I knew. So I invited him over for lunch with us. We got to enjoy his company and he left thinking I was some fancy-schmancy cook. Win-win.

Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms
3 large portabella mushrooms
3 pieces bacon
2 cloves garlic
1 1/2 c. ricotta cheese
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Salt and pepper to taste

First cook your bacon up:

Mmm, bacon.

Once your bacon is done, you can saute the garlic in the grease for a minute or so. Usually I like to add some vegetables to these too, like shredded zucchini, carrot, or spinach. But I didn't have any of that, so I skipped that this time. But if you want to do that (and you should), you can add it in with the garlic for a few minutes.

Then, add the ricotta to a mixing bowl:

Add the chives, bacon, and garlic to the mixing bowl:

Doesn't that look delicious?

Mix it all together. Before you can stuff the mushrooms, you have to cut off the fins. Is that what they're called? I'm not sure. And I don't have a picture, so you will just have to figure that out for yourself.

Then, just load up the mushrooms and top 'em with some shredded cheese if you so desire:

Now, usually I cook these in the oven, but this time I decided to do them on the grill. Don't do that. The grill was too hot (even though it was on low heat) and cheese got really hot and they kind of melted everywhere. They were still good. Just messy.

So, just cook them up in the oven (maybe 350*?) until they are heated through.

Enjoy!



(Notice how it kind of fell apart. But it was still delicious.)

No comments:

Post a Comment